You are invited to explore the Palos Verdes Library District's fast Internet network using your own wireless-enabled device. Complimentary access is provided at all PVLD locations.
How To Connect
Connect to the pvldwifi hotspot. Next, open your web browser (Chrome, Safari, etc.) where you will be redirected to a login screen. Click "OK" to agree to the terms and conditions and you will be online.
- If a terms and conditions acceptance page does not load when you open your browser, visit pvld.mobi and that should load the page.
- If step 1 above doesn't work, place the device in Airplane mode or turn off Wifi for 5 seconds then take it out of Airplane mode or turn on Wifi and retry step 1.
- If step 2 above doesn't work, forget the pvldwifi hotspot in your settings. Follow the "How To Connect" section above. Otherwise, please see the hardware and software requirements below.
- Any portable PC, notebook computer, netbook, tablet, pocket PC, phone, PDA or gaming device that is Wifi enabled.
- Your device must have an 802.11a, 802.11b, or 802.11g based Ethernet device installed.
- Use a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Opera.
- Set your device to obtain an IP address automatically and obtain addresses automatically from a server (DHCP). Leave all other fields blank. Restart the laptop for the changes to take effect. Here is how to configure these settings for Windows and MacOS.
Limitations and Disclaimers
- The Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent from or to your device can be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software, within three hundred feet.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Library's network.
- If you are unable to connect and do not have a library card, the Reference Desk can create a guest pass for a public computer with internet access.