- This application is for Adults who do not wish to RENEW by mail, or may not be eligible to renew by mail.
- For First Time Applicants and for Children or Teens whose passports are expiring or has expired.
Please submit the latest version DS-11 04-2022 with an expiration date of 04/30/2025.
The DS-11 application "Must not contain errors". Corrections on the application made with white out, or by crossing out incorrect information and writing the correction above or beside the error is not acceptable.
|Routine 6 to 8 Weeks (processing time begins AFTER the application is received at the passport agency, due to high demands, it is averaging around 2 weeks or longer)
|Expedited 2 to 3 Weeks (processing time begins AFTER the application is received at the passport agency; due to high demands, it is averaging around 2 weeks or longer)
|Additional $60 per Applicant
|Expedited at Agency or Center
|Must have international travel in the next 14 calendar days, call 1 877 487-2778 for an appointment
|Additional $60 per Applicant
It can take up to 2 weeks for you to receive a completed passport in the mail after it is printed.
Book Appointments Here
Get your passport forms and passport questions answered at the Palos Verdes Library District! Passport Acceptance services are by appointment during the hours listed in the links below:
- Peninsula Center Library Passport Services
- Malaga Cove Library Passport Services
- Miraleste Library Passport Services
The What You Will Need to Bring with You quick facts page provides a list of required items you will need to bring with you to process your passport application.
All forms can be accessed on: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/forms.html
For additional information, please visit: https://travel.state.gov
Allow 6 to 8 weeks for the return of the passport for regular service. (Expedited service delivers within 2 to 3 weeks for an additional $60.)*Additional copy fees may apply. Final charges will be calculated at the Passport Office counter.
DS-82 Renewal Application: by Mail Only
|You are eligible to use this application if you can answer "Yes" to the questions on the front of the application.
$130.00 payable to U S Dept of State - (Check or Money Order)
|$30.00 payable to U S Dept of State - (Check or Money Order)
- Add $60 to expedite 2 to 3 weeks
- $19.53 for express mail return delivery for the passport book only.
Until further notice, passport agencies will only serve customers in person who have a life-or-death emergency or must have international travel in the next 14 calendar days.
Schedule an appointment at travel.state.gov or at 877-487-2778
We are authorized by the U.S. Department of State to process the DS-11 application.
- This application is for adults who do not wish to renew their passport on their own by U.S. Mail, or who may not be eligible to renew by mail.
- For First Time Applicants and for Children or Teens whose passports are expiring or have expired.
Please note that passport services will not be available on the following dates:
|New Year's Holiday
|January 1, 2024
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day
|January 15, 2024
|May 27, 2024
|July 4, 2024
|September 2, 2024
|November 28, 29, 2024
|December 24, 25, 2024