The Palos Verdes Library District is an active participant in Interlibrary Loan (ILL), a process by which different library systems share their resources with one another. Requests are accepted for materials which are NOT found in the Palos Verdes Library District’s collections.
Sign into your Interlibrary Loan account here.
A non-refundable fee of $2 per ILL request is assessed when the request is placed. For information about what can be borrowed, fines, fees, and other ILL policies, please read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Anyone with a valid library card can use our interlibrary loan service.
Below are the steps to place ILL requests on books and articles:
- From the PVLD website, click on Research, then click on WorldCat.
- Search for the desired title.
- Click on Request Item:
- Complete the request form and click Submit.
- You will be directed to a sign-in page where you enter your library card barcode and last name.
- A valid email address is required to use Interlibrary Loan borrowing.
- Click the Submit button.
You will be notified as soon as your ILL materials are ready for pickup based on the preference you provided. If you have not received a notification, the materials have not arrived at PVLD.
For additional Interlibrary Loan assistance, visit the reference desks at any PVLD library, or call (310) 377-9584, ext. 284.