- Art in Our Library
- Book Clubs
- Borrow from Another Library
- Curbside Holds Pickup
- Databases and Online Resources
- Equipment Checkout
- Exam Proctoring
- For Teachers
- Meeting Room Rentals
- Mobile Printing
- Notary Public
- Passport Services
- Public Computers
- Scanning & Copying
- Service Status Dashboard
- Study Rooms
- Suggest a Program
- Suggest a Title
- Local History
- About Us
Study Room Use Policy
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Library Board Approved Policy 5020.7
The library has 12 study rooms (A-L) for up to 3 people and 6 study rooms (M-R) for up to 8 people.
Study rooms may be checked out by anyone with a valid Palos Verdes Library District library card in accordance with the following policies:
- Study rooms are checked out using the library's reservation system.
- Study rooms are checked out for specific sessions that are established by staff to reflect library open hours and usage patterns and may change from time to time.
- Study room sessions may be checked out on the day of use only.
- Only one study room session may be checked out at a time.
- Use of study rooms must begin within 10 minutes of the session time or the session will be forfeited to the next user.
- Study rooms are not locked. The Palos Verdes Library District is not responsible for belongings left in the rooms.
- The library cardholder to whom a study room is checked out is responsible for the condition and use of the study room.
- Disruptive or excessive noise will result in expulsion from the library and suspension of study room checkout privileges.
- Vandalism, defacing, abusing or misusing study rooms will result in expulsion from the library and suspension of study room checkout privileges. The library cardholder will be responsible for the cost of labor and materials to repair any damage.
- Damage, vandalism, excessive food waste, or other problems with the condition of a study room must be reported to library staff within 10 minutes of the start of a study room session or the current library cardholder will be considered responsible.