Northstar Digital Literacy
Northstar focuses on people with no, low, or limited technology skills
- Build skills in key digital literacy areas and demonstrate knowledge by earning certificates and badges.
- Courses include: Your Digital Footprint, Supporting K-12 Distance Learning, Email, Internet Basics, Information Literacy
- Defines the basic skills needed to use a computer and the internet in daily life, employment, and higher education.
- Online, self-guided assessments measure mastery of basic skills in 14 areas.
- Classroom curricula provide detailed lesson plans for teachers, and can be used remotely or in person.
This resource is supported in whole or in part by funding provided by the State of California, administered by the California State Library.
Let the California State Library and Pacific Library Partnership know what you think about the CAreer Pathways online learning resources offered through your public library! Complete this short, 3-minute survey (available in English and Spanish) to share your experience. Thank you for your time and feedback.
CAreer Pathways resources include: Coursera, GetSetUp, Job & Career Accelerator, LearningExpress Library Complete, LinkedIn Learning, Northstar, Skillshare and VetNow. Not all libraries offer all resources.