You are invited to explore the Palos Verdes Library District's fast Internet network using your own wireless-enabled device. Complimentary access is provided at all PVLD locations when the libraries are open.
How To Connect
Connect to the pvldwifi hotspot. Next, open your web browser where you will be redirected to a login screen. Click "OK" to agree to the terms and conditions and you will be online.
- Any portable PC, notebook computer, netbook, tablet, pocket PC, phone, PDA or gaming device that is Wifi enabled.
- Your device must have an 802.11a, 802.11b, or 802.11g based Ethernet device installed.
- Use a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Opera.
- Set your TCP client software to obtain addresses automatically from a server (DHCP).
- Configure TCP/IP software by opening the Network Connections icon in the Control Panel. Right click on Wireless connection and choose Properties. Under Protocol settings, select TCP/IP. Set the IP address to obtain an IP address automatically. Leave all other fields blank. Restart the laptop for the changes to take effect.
Limitations and Disclaimers
- The Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent from or to your device can be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software, within three hundred feet.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Library's network.
- If you are unable to connect and are from out-of-state, the Reference Desk can create a guest pass for a public computer with complimentary internet access.