A high volume of passport applicants are resulting in long walk-in wait times at our Passport Office. We strongly encourage you to make an appointment so we may serve your passport needs in a timely manner.
|Peninsula Center Library:||Miraleste Library:|
|Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Saturday 9:00 am - 2:00 pm (except
|Thursday 11:00 am - 2:00 pm|
|Call (310) 377-9584 ext. 245 or 247||Call (310) 377-9584 ext. 452|
Appointments need to be made by 12:00 pm, one business day prior to the appointment time.
We have limited walk-in hours available at the Peninsula Center Library.
Monday - Thursday 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Friday 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Bring the following with you to apply for a passport:
- All applicants applying for a passport must be present.
- Completed DS-11 Form – black ink, section 1-22 only. Pick up the form at the Passport Office or you can download the form from http://travel.state.gov.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (original/certified birth certificate (long form 8.5 x 11, not an abstract) that shows the full name of both parents, or your old passport, or your naturalization certificate)
- Proof of identify (valid driver's license or state I.D.)
- One passport color photograph (Passport Photo service is available)
- One payment to U.S. Dept. of State (check or money order only)
- One payment to the Palos Verdes Library District (cash, check, credit card, or money order)
- Children under 16:
- Both parents must be present with child or submit a notarized statement of consent for parent unable to appear along with a copy of the driver license (front and back) or a copy of a passport. (Notary service is available at the Administration Office during weekday business hours, appointments are recommended.)
- An original birth certificate is needed for new passports. A copy of a birth certificate will suffice along with previous passport for passport renewals.
|Age 15 & under - Book||Age 15 & under - Card||Age 16 & over - Book||Age 16 & over - Card|
|1. U.S. Dept. of State (check or money order only)||$80||$15||$110||$30|
|2. Palos Verdes Library District (cash, check, credit card, or money order)||$25||$25||$25||$25|
*Additional copy fees may apply. Final charges will be calculated at the Passport Office counter.
Allow 4 to 6 weeks for the return of the passport for regular service. (Expedited service delivers within 3 weeks for an additional $60.)
Additional Services and Fees
- Photographs: Photos taken on site, $15.
- Notary Service
- Expedited Service: If travel is in less than 6 weeks $60 extra Passport Services Fee per application. Please allow 3 weeks.
- Express Mail Postal Service: Current USPS rate returns your passport plus other documents via express mail rather than priority mail.
- Cost of Express Mail: $17.75 to passport agency, $14.85 from the passport agency to the applicant
Travelers departing within 2 weeks must make an appointment with the Los Angeles Passport Agency at (877) 487-2778 (24-hour appointment scheduling system).
(Expedited service delivers within 3 weeks.)
We are authorized by the U.S. Department of State to process the DS-11 application. This application is for first-time applicants or for minors whose passports are expiring or have expired.
*We do not process the DS-82 application, however the forms are available at the Passport Office.
Passport Services are offered in the Passport Office on the second floor of the Peninsula Center Library or the Miraleste Library.
|Peninsula Center Library
Administration Office – 2nd Level
29089 Palos Verdes Drive East
More Information and Questions
- Call the Administration Office:
- (310) 377-9584 ext. 247 or 0 (Mon-Fri 8:30 am - 5:00 pm)
- U.S. Department of State:
All proceeds benefit the library.