Connect to a Wi-Fi Network
Transferring your library book to your Kindle is easiest when you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. To set up your Kindle on a Wi-Fi network, please review your Kindle manual or follow Amazon's online instructions.
How do I get library eBooks for Kindle?
- Search http://ebooks.pvld.org for a Kindle Book that you want and click "Borrow" (enter your library card number if requested)
- On the next screen under "Download (Select One), select "Kindle Book". This opens the Amazon.com website. Sign in with your Amazon.com account if you are not already logged in.
- Select a Kindle device or Kindle reading app. Click the "Get library book" button and sync your device or app to download the book, or choose to send it to your device via USB.
- An active Wi-Fi connection is required for wireless delivery to a Kindle device.
- If your Kindle is not Wi-Fi capable or you do not have an active Wi-Fi connection, read Amazon's instructions for transferring files via USB.
How do I transfer the library's Kindle Books to my Kindle using USB?
How do I return a Library Kindle Book early?
- Go to "Manage Your Kindle" from Amazon's website. Select the "Actions" dropdown next to the title you want to return. Select "Return the book" and hit yes.
- After you return the book, it will still display in your Kindle Library list. To remove it from this list, select Actions again, and choose "Delete from library".
- The title will show on your Kindle until you re-sync it with your Amazon account.
What happens to my notes and highlights when the checkout expires?
- If you choose to purchase the book from the Kindle Store or check it out again at a later date, all of your notes and highlights will be preserved.
Need more help? View the Amazon Help page for public library books for additional resources related to Kindle devices and reading apps or view OverDrive's guided tour (OverDrive calls their guided tour "My Help" and it can be found on the eBook Help link).