Internet Resources for Kids
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
- Ducksters — Informative yet simplified information for kids about various topics.
- Bitesize — A browsable website for kids featuring topics in Science, Math, and Literacy.
- Fact Monster — Various subject facts, games, and homework tools.
Science and Health
- Science Spots Kid's Zone — A large collection of websites about plants and animals for kids.
- Earth Science — All the basics about geology, food and water cycles, atmosphere, weather, biomes, ecosystems, environment, and energy are explained in this great website for kids.
- Steve Spangler Science — A great website for exciting science projects that your kids can do at home for fun.
- Periodic Table — An interactive periodic table of the elements.
- Chemistry for Kids — Various topics in chemistry— such as atoms, states of matter, and famous chemists — are explained in this informative website.
- National Geographic Kids: Animals — Animal facts and pictures.
- NASA for Students — STEM resources for all grades.
- Biography.com — Over 7,000 biographies searchable by name, subject, and time period
- CIA's World Fact Book — For older Children, this website provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, and military for 267 countries.
- The Fifty States — Find facts, statistics, historical information, and more about each state.
- State Symbols USA — Click on a state to learn more about its various symbols.
- The Library of Congress: Explore the States — Quick facts and stories about each state.
- BBC Primary History — Browse the historical topics provided or use the search tool for a specific event in history.
- Ben's Guide to the U.S. Government — Learn about the branches of government, laws, and elections with this website for kids.
- Mr. Nussbaums's Learning & Fun — A comprehensive history of the United States from 1492 - 1898.
- Great Minds Math for Parents — Need help with how to explain the new Common Core methods of basic math to your child? Try this site.
- Khan Academy — Math tutorials from the basic math through college level math.
- Soft Schools — Great site for math worksheets that you can customize for extra practice.
- Calculator — This site offers basic calculators, graphing calculators, calculators that convert measurements and more.
- Math is Fun — Basic explanations of math concepts from counting and money to college algebra.
- Starfall — Great site for beginning readers with a focus on letters and phonics.
- Education Place — Grammar games, writing evaluations that help develop your writing, and author pages make this website a great resource for writing assignments. ( Use the links at the bottom of the page labeled: Bright Ideas for Writing, Grammar Blast, Evaluation Station, etc.)
- Info Please - Language Arts Homework Center—Everything you need to know about Grammar, Spelling, Literature, and Poetry in a simple, easy to understand website.
- Goodreads — Looking for a great book to read? Try Goodreads.
- ASL Stories Directory - Find hundreds of videos of retellings of children's books in American Sign Language.
- StoryBlocks — Rhymes and songs in English, Spanish, French, Vietnamese, and Arabic that are great for bilingual children and those learning another language.
- Digital Dialects — Basic words, phrases, and games in over 70 languages that are perfect for kids.
- Hello-World — Lessons for all ages in over 20 languages.
- Kids Health — Use this site for homework as well as fun learning about the human body, staying safe, eat-right recipies, and feelings.
- DK Findout! — The systems of the human body are explained in this simple, easy to navigate website.
- Bam! — The main page provides kids with fun games and activities about health while the search option allows older students to do more serious research.