- Art in Our Library
- Book Clubs
- Borrow from Another Library
- Curbside Holds Pickup
- Databases and Online Resources
- Equipment Checkout
- Exam Proctoring
- For Teachers
- Meeting Room Rentals
- Mobile Printing
- Notary Public
- Passport Services
- Public Computers
- Scanning & Copying
- Service Status Dashboard
- Study Rooms
- Suggest a Program
- Suggest a Title
- Local History
- About Us
Explore and More: The World at your Fingertips
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Visit libraries and museums around the world. Watch operas and Broadway musicals from your couch. See animals at the zoo without any crowds. Stay fit while the gyms are closed. And get self care tips to aid your mental health. We may all be inside right now, but the world is at your fingertips to explore and more.
Check back often as we update these pages with new finds just for you!
For more information on Your Library at Home and for community resources around COVID-19, visit our dedicated page https://www.pvld.org/yourlibraryathome
Live cams from all over the world featuring animal sanctuaries for elephants, cats, dogs, horses, ocean life, and farm animals.
Choose from ten different live cams at the aquarium including Moon Jellys, Sea Otters, Penguins, the Aviary, the Kelp Forest, and more.
Watch the Humboldt penguin colony anytime, anywhere.
Choose from nine different live cams including condors, polar bears, tigers, apes, and, more!
Free videos on Youtube featuring workouts, meditations, yoga with kids, and nutrition/cooking tips you can do at home.
Need someone to talk to? Helplines & Resources has free numbers with real people on the line for veterans, people in crisis, emotional distress, who may be suicidal, or suffering substance abuse.
Friendship Line California is toll-free and available to provide emotional support to older Californians facing loneliness, isolation and anxiety. Friendship Line can provide a warm voice, a listening ear, and a human connection to those feeling alone throughout California. If you or someone you know needs emotional support, Friendship Line is ready to listen 24/7. Call 1-888-670-1360.
For an introduction to mindfulness meditation that you can practice on your own, download the UCLA Mindful App (iTunes / Google Play), stream, or download the guided meditations at the link Recorded by UCLA MARC's Director of Mindfulness Education, Diana Winston.
To help you weather this storm, Headspace and the LA County Department of Mental Health have partnered to provide support and resources during this challenging time. Sign up to access meditations, as well as sleep and movement exercises, designed to help you care for your mind — all free through 2020.
With just your library card, access workout videos, books, music, and more!
Get moving with LA County Parks’ free online fitness and sports classes. Improve your skills in your favorite sport or learn the techniques of a new one. Offering dance, fitness, and boxing workouts, plus sports skills clinic in basketball, golf, cheerleading, and tennis.
Free app available from the Apple App Store and Google play which teaches cognitive behavioural therapy techniques for improving mental health
On demand videos for group classes including Bootcamp, Yoga, Active Older Adults, and Youth Sports performance. Normally behind a paywall, the YMCA has made these videos free for everyone.
The below links are all resources gathered by the Los Angeles Department of Health. Visit their site for more, call the 24/7 ACCESS hotline at 800-854-7771 or text “LA” to 741741. please note that LA Department of Health clinincs are remaining open.
The national library of England, the British Library is home to pieces throughout history such as illuminated manuscripts of the 8th to 15th centuries and music written by Bach himself.
Experience Japan's famous Ghibli Museum online and take exclusive virtual tours inside the museum on their Youtube channel.
Explore exhibits, mini-lessons, and interviews with musicians and industry professionals all from the safety of your home.
Explore the digital collections of the largest library in the world with items including the Declaration of Independence and the Civil Rights History Project.
Visit the museum's exhibition rooms and galleries, contemplate the façades of the Louvre.
The first museum dedicated to Modern Art in Manhattan invites you to view their online galleries and even zoom in on some favroties like Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night and Georges Seurat's The Channel at Gravelines.
Explore 889,967 items digitized from The New York Public Library's collections including photography collections, manuscripts from James Madison and Thomas Jefferson, and book art and illustrations.
Explore collections from the 19 different Smithsonian Museums, ranging from Dorothy's ruby slippers at the National Museum of American History to the Command Module from Apollo 11 at the National Air and Space Museum.
A Smithsonian museum, the National Museum of Natural History lets you walk the halls of their galleries with a virtual tour!
Head to Vatican City and visit the Sistine Chapel, Raphael's Rooms, and the New Wing.
The Moon Village Association offers lectures and more all about, you guess it, the Moon!
Featuring over 3,000 miles of wall, this virtual tour lets you explore a small snippet from Jinshanling to Simatai.
Tour trails and historical landmarks throughout LA County in 60 second spurts with the Parks & Rec Youtube channel.
NOAA takes you on deep sea dives in American Samoa, the Florida Keys, and lots of ocean inbetween.
All our national parks are closed to help encourage social distancing but you can still explore their main attractions from the safety of your home. Park tours include Yellowstone National Park (Old Faithful!), Volcanoes National Park (Hawaii!), Kenai Fjords National Park (Glaciers!), and more.
This live feed from Manitoba’s Churchill Northern Studies Center lets you tune in to the Northern Lights when they decide to show themselves (and when they don't). Luckily we're in prime time for the Northern Lights, late winter to early spring.
Explore colorful street art and the world's best graffiti from around the world.
While Disneyland is closed, try some of these videos! It's like being at the front of the line every time.
Artists around the world perform monologues they learned and rehearsed only 24 hours earlier.
As part of their “Broadway’s Best” lineup, Great Performances raises the curtain once again for theater-lovers by broadcasting a theatre favorite every week on PBS, beginning on Friday, November 6.
Watch and listen to performances, podcasts, interviews and more with some of your favorite LA Phil musicians.
Streaming a different performance at 4:30pm for twenty hours, everyday.
For 48 hours every Friday, Andrew Lloyd Weber releases a different full-length, smash-hit musical for you to watch for free on YouTube.
Use your lirbary card and Hoopla to watch Mandy Patinkin and Bernadette Peters in the original Boardway production of the Stephen Sondheim musical based on the book by James Lapine.
- Ear Hustle Get a glimpse into life in prison and after from current and former inmates at San Quentin prison (Lessa, Adult Services Assistant Manager)
- Good Job, Brain! Quiz show and "offbeat trivia" podcast (Tim, Adult Services Librarian)
- Dolly Parton's America A musical rethinking of some of Dolly's most famous songs. (Megan, Young Readers Librarian)
- Hidden Brain Shankar Vedantam uses science and storytelling to reveal the unconscious patterns that drive human behavior, shape our choices and direct our relationships. (Louise, Young Readers Librarian, Assistant Manager - Teen Services)
- Meet the Composer Beautifully produced profiles of contemporary composers - the episodes with Henry Threadgil, Pauline Oliveros and John Luther Adams are especially recommended (Chris, Librarian)
- Oxygen Starved Conversations about literature and life at 11,000 ft. from the Mono County Superintendent of Schools and the Mono County Library Director. (Laura, Adult Services Librarian)
- Retronauts Classic video game history show (Tim, Adult Services Librarian)
- Rivals The hosts break down some of music's greatest rivalries. The Michael Jackson/Prince episode is amazing. (Megan, Young Readers Librarian)
- The Soundtrack Show Composer, voice actor, & sound designer David W. Collins analyzes the soundtracks for your favorite films (Tim, Adult Services Librarian)
- Spycast All about spies featuring interviews with ex-spies, intelligence experts, and espionage scholars (Marisa, Young Readers Assistant Manager)
- Steg-Man and His Amazing Friends Marvel artist Ryan Stegman sits down with friends from the industry to give fans an insider’s view on all things comics. (Dustin, Senior Page)
- This American Life Stories on a theme every week that offer a glimpse into what American life around the country is like (Laura, Adult Librarian)
- You Must Remember This For movie lovers, a podcast dedicated to exploring the secret and/or forgotten histories of Hollywood's first century (Leti, Adult Services Manager)
Podcasts for all ages from kids to adults from the website Here Wee Read: Contemporary Living for Book Loving Families
Author interviews, book features and live and on-demand coverage of book fairs, festivals and major literary events for PBS.
January 14-16, 2021