It's that time of year again! Join us for weekly events in November to inspire writing. PVLD Writing Month (PVLDWriMo) registration starts October 8th and closes Wednesday, October 31, 2018. Please review the Rules for Participation and download the flyer below. Questions? Contact Deb Ripley (310) 377-9584 ext. 217.
Rules for Participation
- Pick up an information packet from any PVLD Service Desk by October 31, 2018. You will be asked to fill out the registration form at that time.
- Participants must have their bookmark stamped at the end of each program they attend in order to qualify for publication in the anthology. Two of the programs (“These Hands,” Nov. 5 and “Crafting Your Unique Story,” Nov. 30) have a maximum number of attendees and require an RSVP to Deb Ripley ( DRipley@pvld.org or 310-377-9584 ext. 217) in order to attend. “Write-Ins” are an opportunity to write in a quiet place with others for up to 2 hours.
- Bookmarks with at least 3 stamps must be returned to Deb Ripley or turned in at any PV Library service desk (attn: Deb Ripley) by December 8, 2018.
- The Palos Verdes Library District reserves the right to refuse inclusion of materials for publication in the anthology. Illustrations, photographs, and concrete or visual poetry will not be accepted.
- Participants will be notified of the maximum amount of words allowed for the anthology toward the end of November. Only material written between November 1 to November 30, 2018 will be considered for inclusion in the anthology.
- Participants must send their material for the anthology, along with a 50 word author biography, as a PDF or in the body of an email to Deb Ripley [email@example.com] by December 8th, 2018.
- Material will be published as submitted - there will be no further editing for typos, etc.
- Published participants will be given one copy of the anthology at the reading on January 31, 2019. Pre ordered copies will be available for purchase at the anthology reading event (price to be determined).
DRipley@PVLD.ORG (310) 377-9584 ext.217 See flyer for more details