Whether you are 6 or 16, you are welcome to submit an article to PV Kids News. PressFriends and the Palos Verdes Library District are offering a kids’ community newsletter to be published two times a year (Fall and Spring).
In addition, those kids who attend the PressFriends summer camp (August 2, 3, 4, and 6), will publish a summer issue. For our April 15 deadline, we are looking for your ideas on summer fun. This can be your favorite books, favorite museums, favorite amusement parks, favorite video games, etc.
- Appropriate subjects: All articles must be appropriate for elementary school kids, and movie reviews will be accepted only for G or PG movies.
- Article length: All articles should be between 150-250 words and emailed in either a Word document or typed in the email to email@example.com.
- Your information: Include your name, the name of the city you live in, and your parent’s name and contact information, in case we need to ask questions about your article. In PV Kids News, we print only your first name, the first initial of your last name, plus your city.
- Check the Spelling of Names and Places. Make sure that you get the correct spelling of all the names and places that you use in the article.
- Use a Catchy Title. Look at newspaper articles and see what types of titles are used.
- Include Who, What, When, Where, and Why in your article. If you are covering a book or movie, tell who the characters are, what the plot is, where the story takes place, when the story takes place, and why the story is interesting to you.
- DO NOT COPY from a website, magazine, or newspaper. Write the article in your own words. If you use reference sources, be sure to include the name of the book, magazine, newspaper, or the website address.
The paper will be posted online by the end of April, and a limited number of hard copies will be distributed at the Miraleste, Malaga Cove and Peninsula Center libraries.